Creating remote actions in Composer
Imagine you have two Experiences: ExperienceA and ExperienceB.
- ExperienceB has a scene called Scene 2.
- ExperienceA has a button called Button.
You want to create a remote action --> when clicking Button in ExperienceA, a navigation action is generated for ExperienceB, causing it to display Scene 2.
Here is the way to do it:
- The names of projects, computers and target scenes should not contain blank characters if you intend to send them remote actions.
- All names you can use as targets - scene, asset, collection - are case sensitive.
Step 1: Configure the remote action
- Open ExperienceA in IntuiFace Composer.
- If it doesn't already exist, create a button named
- Select this button in the active scene.
- In the Triggers panel, select the Released trigger,
and in the THEN section, click *Add remote
IntuiFace Experience(s)… as per the screenshot below.
- Enter the project name ExperienceB and select All
devices on the network as illustrated below:
- Select the action category Navigation.
- Select the action Go to Scene with the Target
- Select (optional) a Slide Transition in the Right
to left direction, with a Transition duration of 0.6
seconds (see screenshot below):
Step2: Configure ExperienceB to receive remote actions
- Open ExperienceB in IntuiFace Composer.
- Click the Project menu on top of the Composer window,
then select the Project settings menu option:
- Ensure the project name is ExperienceB.
- Save and close the project.
Step3: Set up your execution environment and test the remote action
- Set up two computers connected to the same network either via
Ethernet or Wi-Fi. We'll call them ComputerA and
- On ComputerB use the
IntuiFace Configuration Tool to enable ComputerB to accept
- On ComputerA, run ExperienceA using IntuiFace
Player or Composer's Preview Mode.
- On ComputerB, run ExperienceB and go to any
Scene other than Scene 2.
- In ExperienceA, navigate to the scene where
Button is displayed and press it.
- Verify that ExperienceB automatically navigates to Scene 2.
Targeting one or more experiences on one or more computers
The Remote Experience Selector enables you to identify more than one target:
- All experiences on targeted device(s) or a specific experience
- All devices on the network or a specific device
Thus you can remotely command:
- a specific experience on any device
- any experience on a specific device
- a specific experience on a specific device
- any experience on any device
With remote actions you can simultaneously command multiple experiences running on multiple computers.