Interface Asset - Random from list
The Random from list Interface Asset enables the random selection of an item from amongst a list of items. The list of possibilities is represented by a text-based list using a pre-defined character as a separator. If you are pulling these possibilities from an external source, like an Excel file, you can select your own separator to match your data.
- Possible Values: the list of possible selections
- Separator: the separator to use to split the list of possibilities.
- Result: the randomly selected item
- Select a new value: selects a new value among the list of possibilities
- Add an item: allows you to dynamically add items to the list of possibilities
- Clear the list: empties the list of possibilities
Imagine you want to display a random quote in your space.
- Add a Random from list Interface Asset.
- Enter all the quotes in the "List of possibilities" property, separated by a semi-colon.
- Add a Text asset and bind its text property to the Result property of the Random from list interface asset.
- Call the Select a new value action, either from a user action like a button or using a timer.