Interface Asset - Flickr
The Flickr Interface Asset (IA) is an "off-the-shelf" component of IntuiFace enabling users to search, browse and manipulate images served by the media hosting Flickr Web service.
This IA is based on Flickr's public Web Service API.
To be able to invoke the Flickr API, you need to register and apply for a free API key here. Once you have your API key, you must enter it in the Set API Key property of the Flickr IA (see screenshot below):
Any IntuiFace user can modify the visual representation of the Flickr IA. This visual representation - specified by a data template - can access and manipulate any of the properties listed later in this article.
In order to understand how you can use the Flickr Interface Asset, watch the video below:
- API key, a string containing the API key obtained from Flickr
- Result count, the number of images displayed
- Search string, an alphanumeric string passed to the Flickr web service for image search
The properties below are read-only properties, thus only visible through a binding
- Is Loading, a true/false loading indicator used to assess when the Flickr IA has finished downloading images
- Error, a string used to retrieve error messages from the Flickr API
- Photos: the list of photos in the search
- Title, a string containing the title of the current photo
- URL, a string containing the URL of the current image hosted on the Flickr server
- Load more images, Loads additional images into the Photos object list. The value of "Result count" property is taken as a parameter of this action.
- Search, Runs a Search query using the Flickr API. The Search string property is taken as a parameter of this action.
- Set API key, Sets the API key property with the value given as a parameter.
- Set date taken (max), Defines an additional filter for the Search action. It takes a parameter named Max date - a date that must conform with your Windows Regional Parameters. Any image newer than this date will not be loaded by the Flickr IA.
- Set date taken (min), Defines an additional filter for the Search action. It takes a parameter named Min date - a date that must conform with your Windows Regional Parameters. Any image older than this date will not be loaded by the Flickr IA.
- Set latitude, Takes a latitude, in decimal format, as a parameter for performing geo-specific searches.
- Set longitude, Takes a longitude, in decimal format, as a parameter for performing geo-specific searches.
- Set radius, Sets a numeric radius applies to geo-specific queries. Acceptable values are greater than zero and less than 20 miles (or 32 kilometers). The default value is 5 miles/km.
- Set radius unit, Sets the unit of measure when performing geo-specific searches. Acceptable values are "mi" for miles and "km" for kilometers. The default is "km".
- Set Result count, Sets the Result count property value - the number of images managed by the Flickr IA search query.
- Set Search string, Sets the Search string property value - the string passed to the Flickr search query.
- Set tags, Defines an additional filter for the Search action. It takes a parameter named "Tags" whose value must be a comma-delimited list. Images with one or more of the tags listed will be returned. You can exclude results that match a term by prepending it with a - character.