Upgrading to Version 4.5.2 of the .NET Framework on a Windows PC
IntuiFace Composer and Player for Windows require use of the Microsoft .NET Framework.
In April of 2015, Microsoft released Version 4.5.2 of the .NET Framework. A replacement for Version 4.5.1, this update contained a bug breaking IntuiFace's ability to work with touch displays. Microsoft corrected this bug with a hotfix.
- When installing Composer and Player for Windows, a system search occurs to determine if 1) the .NET Framework is installed, and 2) which version is installed. If no framework is found, a message will direct you to install it.
- If Version 4.5.2 is detected a warning message identifies the need for Microsoft's hotfix and presents a button that will take you to the hotfix download page.
- Clicking the button brings you to the website http://support2.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=3022668
- On that page, expand the hotfix list and select the checkbox next to the product named .NET Framework 4.5.1, Windows 8.1 RTM, Windows Server 2012 R2 RTM
- Enter your email address (twice), enter the CAPTCHA text and then select the Request hotfix button.
- You will be emailed a link to a file named 482238_intl_i386_zip..exe. Follow the directions in this email to download the file.
- Run this file. You will be asked to specify a folder location. Select any location other than C:\ itself.
- When completed, two files will be placed in the folder you specified:
- Run the file NDP452-KB3022668-Web.exe
This will correct .NET Framework Version 4.5.2, enabling full use of IntuiFace.
NOTE: .NET Framework Version 4.5.2 has a known bug, mouse left click interaction will not work after touching the screen. To fix this, simply perform a mouse right click.