Create a custom splash screen for the white label Player
With the white label version of Player for Windows, designers can personalize the splash screen that appears when Player automatically starts an experience. With the addition of a personalized image, you can present identifying brand marks and other information you wish your client or audience to see during the start-up process.
NOTE: For a white label option on the iPad and Android, see our Post-to-Store service.
The splash screen is the image you see whenever a software program starts. Just about every program has one – as does Player – and its job is to identify what program you’re starting. Here is the current Player splash screen:
The white label Player is useful when both of the following conditions apply: 1) you're going to launch Player directly into a running experience, and 2) third parties will be looking at your screen when this happens and you don't want them to know you're using IntuiFace.
There are two ways to make Player automatically start an experience rather than first showing the Experiences panel:
If you don’t care what people see when Player starts, or assume people will never see Player start, then the standard version of Player is good enough. If you do care what people see and would rather replace our splash screen with yours – i.e. with any image other than ours - get your hands on the white label version.
NOTE: Any Composer Essential, Premier or Composer Enterprise license holder can purchase the annual, white label Player for Windows license. Only those in possession of a perpetual Composer Enterprise license can purchase the perpetual, white label Player for Windows license.
By default, the white label Player has no splash screen at all, meaning that when an experience is automatically started, nothing appears onscreen before the experience runs. To display a custom image:
- Create a jpg or png image that incorporates the graphics you wish to have displayed during start-up. Any resolution is permitted, just don't exceed the resolution of the target display.
- Rename that image to splashscreen.jpg or splashscreen.png, depending on the image format you've chosen.
- Copy and paste that image into the folder where the Player executable is installed on your PC. Depending on your PC, the location is
- For IntuiFace Version 6.x:
- For IntuiFace Version 5.x, either
C:\Program Files (x86)\IntuiLab\IntuiFace5\Playeror
- For IntuiFace Version 6.x:
Keep in mind the following:
- You must first activate your Player license. Until you activate the license, Player acts as if it must use the IntuiLab splash screen so don't be surprised when you see it during the initial run. In such case just stop and restart the player once or twice
- Running Player by itself will just open Player's Experiences panel, making use of the white label version irrelevant.
- When using Version 6 and looking for the folder
C:\ProgramData\IntuiLab\IntuiFace\Player, be aware that by default, Windows hides from view the folder
C:\ProgramData. You won't see it in File Explorer but if you type (or paste) the path into File Explorer, the folder will be found. You can also choose to force a display of
C:\ProgramDataby following the directions here.