The Linear Gauge asset can be used to visually represent one value within a range of values. This value can vary dynamically during your presentation, enabling animation effects. For example, you can use it to display progress in your experience or to animate interactive charts.
NOTE: Linear Gauge is only supported on Windows devices.
This asset is comprised of two images you specify:
- one image corresponding to the empty gauge
- one image corresponding to the full gauge
The Full Gauge image is overlaid on the Empty Gauge image. The value assigned to the Linear Gauge determines how much of the Full Gauge image should be clipped to reveal the Empty Gauge underneath.
You can provide any type of image, as long as the progression is in straight line (horizontal or vertical). You can set the fill direction in the asset properties.
See Common asset properties for details of common properties shared by different assets.
- Empty gauge image: sets the image corresponding to the empty gauge
- Full gauge image: sets the image corresponding to the full gauge
NOTE: When adding the Linear Gauge into your experience, a prebuilt visual will appear. You can use this default visual or replace it with your own images. If you use the default images, the Empty gauge image and Full gauge image properties will be blank.
- Value: sets the value to be graphically represented. This value must be between "Empty Value" and "Full Value".
- Empty value: sets the value corresponding to the empty gauge
- Full value: sets the value corresponding to the full gauge
- Fill direction: sets the direction used to fill the gauge, you can choose : Left to right, Right to left, Top to bottom or Bottom to top.
See Triggers Overview to get details of common triggers shared by all assets or collections
The Linear Gauge doesn't have any specific trigger.
See Actions Overview to get details of common actions shared by all assets or collections
- Set value: set the value to be represented (between empty value and full value). You can choose if you want this change to be animated or not.
- Value: the new value to affect.